Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hero's Dilemma 01-04


Chapter 1, Page 4


004 - Villain Identified!

Hooded Figure is unmasked, revealed to be a pudgy sorceress. Who'd have thought it?

Those of you unfamiliar with Hero's Dilemma's original incarnation, I have a thing for designing my characters with a variety of body types, as opposed to the "typical" comic book method of making almost everyone physically perfect (or what the artist considered so). So Sycorax, for instance, is... not "fat", but a little plump. Another is 6-foot tall and built like a scarecrow. Another still is 4-foot-something. Some of them are what one might call "ideal". For one, Paragon has nothing to complain about. Others are taller, shorter, heavier, thinner, etcetera. Because people come in all types. I often use the analogy of a dart board that represents a random slice of humanity. A dart (representing a super power) is then thrown at the board. It could hit someone who looks like a descendant of the Greek pantheon, and it might land on someone who looks like what people look like in real life.

Comments, questions, feedback, and constructive criticism are always welcome here.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love her design! Although it must get hot as [insert broiling locale of choice] when all that hair is compressed under the hood.
    -Raptor W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's probably one of my favorite characters in this story, if I do say so myself.

      She probably has some kind of... I don't know... air conditioner spell that keeps her cool? I'm not sure, really, but that's a good point.

      Delete