Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hero's Dilemma 01-05


005 - Tradition



So you may have noticed two things. Firstly, I didn't color the comic this time. Secondly, I'm posting it two days late.

To answer the first item... as I've colored the previous pages, I sometimes find that individual frames that I thought turned out especially well looked less so after being colored. On top of that, I want to do more exploring into potential styles and techniques, and drawing black and white may help with that-- focusing more on line shading than CG coloring.
To answer the first and second items... I'm way behind schedule, so posting in black and white will save me a load of time, so maybe I'll be able to finish on time this way.
Plus, I seriously doubt I'd be able to keep up doing EVERY page in color indefinitely.

So... how does it look uncolored? Should I keep doing them this way? Yes, I still have to learn things like shading and all that so it doesn't look so unfinished... but I want to try it out.
So leave a comment (that is a thing you can do) and let me know what you think.

Comments, questions, feedback, and constructive criticism are always welcome here.

2 comments:

  1. Force field projection right? Is that a force field sword? I was slightly confused when Paragon suddenly chucked a psychic sword.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the flying sword is a special weapon that he uses. Its function is not based on a super power, but part of it's own process, though the details of how it works are classified (in other words, I don't even know).

      Delete